[Tagging] RFC - landcover clearing

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Sat Sep 22 07:39:21 UTC 2018

22. Sep 2018 00:38 by 61sundowner at gmail.com <mailto:61sundowner at gmail.com>:

>         > On 21/09/18 23:16, Mateusz Konieczny      wrote:
>     >
>>             >> I am not sure why landcover=clearing is described as better        than other.>>
>>       >>       >> If someone wants to leave gixme, the fixme key or OSM note is        the best solution.
>>       >>

>     Best solution for what?

For marking clearing to be mapped. Obviously, mapping it properly

would be better. But fixme/notes at least in theory can be processed by other mappers,

in case of clearings - also by armchair mappers.

I have no idea why encouraging landcover=clearing would be preferable.

>>       >>       6. Aug 2018 02:11 by >> 61sundowner at gmail.com <mailto:61sundowner at gmail.com>>> :
>>

>>> and stop land        covers becoming regarded as a legitimate use of the key landuse.
>>>

>> too late for that, see landuse=forest
>>

>     So landuse=sand
>     landuse=dirt
>     landuse=rock
>     landuse=scrub
>     landuse=valley
>     landuse=peak
>     landuse=cliff
>     landuse=tunnel
>
>     will all be fine to use?
>     I don't think so.

No, because there are already tags for tagging that.