[Tagging] How to tag a building constructed for a gastronomic purposes?

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 11:55:22 UTC 2018

When a building structure is changed to reflect the new purpose (e.g.
barn -> family house), I have no problem to map them as
building=house.

But the building type of this McDonald restaurant [1] is so different
from the blocks for large chains (DYI, electronics, Ikea, etc) you see
along this way [2] that I think they can both be mapped as some kind
of subtype of retail. Or, since we do not do subtypes, their own
building type.

[1] https://www.mapillary.com/map/im/J8z2tOByvXkCg_ChlQRvoA
[2] https://www.mapillary.com/map/im/QqQGd0_acODhNvhowymVrQ