[Tagging] How to tag a building constructed for a gastronomic purposes?

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 12:21:44 UTC 2018

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 1:11 PM, Marc Gemis <marc.gemis at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 1:31 PM Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  I cannot bring to mind a typical restaurant architecture.
>
> if you have to take the interior into account it can be done sometimes:
> - large seating area (even noticable when empty)
> - a bar where the personnel prepares drinks
> - large kitchen area
> - a toilet area
> - a reception area (possible with personnel) or wardrobe
> - often better access for wheelchairs than a typical house
> - for fast_food: a counter with large displays to list menus and prices
>
> On the outside it can be a villa or a warehouse or a church...

Which, if you were describing it as a waypoint in a route to somebody,
would be "a church converted to a restaurant" or
"a restaurant in an old church."  What a shame we have no way of tagging
that, there is no mechanism for
saying "building=church + amenity=restaurant."  So let's invent
"building=gastronomic + amenity=restaurant +
building:looks_like=church"  because that's a much better way of doing it.
:)

--
Paul