[Tagging] Draft Proposal: Default Langauge Format

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 12:24:02 UTC 2018

Re: destination signs for routing.

Paul brought up some good examples about routing and traveling.

I believe destination signs are already stored in OSM with the tag
“destination=xxx”, where “xxx” is whatever is actually written on the sign.
Certainly this should be used by routing services and apps. Eg “take exit
112 on the right, signs for xxx.”

This won’t be affected by this proposal.

But, hopefully this will make it easier for Marc to get a map that
preferential shows Flemish names as well as the  locally preferred names.