[Tagging] amenity=place_of_worship | Re: Mapping of indigenous sacred / ceremonial sites

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 19:44:21 UTC 2019

On Wed, 3 Apr 2019 at 20:25, Mateusz Konieczny <matkoniecz at tutanota.com>
wrote:

That is quite poor argument, someone believing map data so blindly would be
> dead soon
> anyway.

You're right.   People aren't that stupid.  Except the drivers who blindly
follow their GPS up
dead-end goat tracks or over cliffs because they accidentally selected
"walking route."
It seems to happen about once a year in the UK.  Some people ARE that
stupid.

Ordinarily I'm happy if people like that collect their well-deserved Darwin
award.  But then I
remember some of the civil liability actions that have succeeded in US
courts and realize
that a mis-tag of that nature might result in having to pay a lot of money
in compensation
to the bereaved family of a stupid person.

I wouldn't force anybody to tag access=adherents (or whatever it is that we
fail to decide
upon), but I'm not going to object if somebody does so.  Not even if
they're using local
knowledge rather than an explicit sign to determine how they tag it.

--
Paul