[Tagging] Residential=rural, =urban?

Ilya Zverev ilya at zverev.info
Fri Apr 12 09:02:23 UTC 2019

I agree the naming is a bit off, since in Russia it is common to have buildings in medium-sized cities “sorted” by height from outskits towards the center :)

The only criteria is a number of families living in a building, actual height does not matter. One or two — this is “=rural”, more — “=urban”. Density does not matter as well: one building is as good as 100. So yes, in the US and asian countries you can have residential=rural in city centers.

I doubt retagging all these 200k keys would be a good practice, since some data analysts in Russia and Belarus rely on these values for calculating population density.

Ilya