[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Camp_site=camp_pitch

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 13:37:30 UTC 2019

I agree that "camp_site=camp_pitch" isn't a perfect tag name, but it's
been used so often that I don't think it's worth changing. It's
already supported with a preset in ID as well.

As mentioned in the older version of the proposal, the value is
"camp_pitch" to avoid ambiguity with sporting pitches or fields.

The key "camp_site" was probably used to show that is needs to be a
feature of a tourism-camp_site (or caravan_site).

In this way it is similar to "allotments=plot", which is used to show
an individual garden plot for one family, within a larger area of
landuse=allotments/

If "tourism=camp_pitch" or "amenity=camp_pitch" were used, it might be
confused with a stand-alone campsite.

Joseph