[Tagging] documenting cycleway=crossing

Hubert87 sg.forum at gmx.de
Tue Apr 16 14:42:12 UTC 2019

Hi,

it feels a bit wrong to me to use cycleway=crossing on a highway=footway
or highway=path, as described on the wiki page
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:cycleway%3Dcrossing>.
I might have been doing it wrong all the time but I always use
hw=footway + footway=crossing
hw=cycleway + cycleway=crossing
hw=path + path=crossing

Accessibility should imo be tagged using access-tags
bicycle=yes/designated/etc, or implied using default hw=*-values.