[Tagging] Why should we avoid overusage of amenity=* tag?

石野貴之 yumean1119 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 02:46:14 UTC 2019

Thank you for the reply.

> These difficulties, and opposing ideas on how to deal with existing tags,
make it hard to change established tagging schemes. But I am strongly in
favour of not establishing new amenity=* for hitherto unmapped facilites,
but rather use new tags altogether, whose use can then be expanded into
proper tagging schemes.

I support your idea using new tags altogether with existing tags.
Then, how about the following examples? Do you think them good ideas?

 (a) *office=educational_institution* and *education=cram-school* for
Japanese *juku*s aimed for entrance examinations.

 (b) *shop=computer* and *education=specialty* if a computer shop provides
a workshop to learn how to use computers.

Takayuki Ishino
yumean1119 at gmail.com