[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - Tag:healthcare:equipment

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 23:33:35 UTC 2019

I agree, Martin. I already mentioned these same problems on the
Talk:Proposed_features/Tag:healthcare:equipment page, 2 or 3 days ago,
with no response yet.

I am going to recommend that this tag not be approved at this time,
but I sincerely hope that the team at healthsites.io will address the
concerns and develop a tag system for medical equipment and facilities
which is easy to use and unambiguous.

My recommendation is to use mri=yes, ultrasound=yes, laboratory=yes
etc. as property tags, and to use the key healthcare=* or amenity=*
(without a namespace - it's not needed) for separate features like
healthcare=laboratory - an already documented tag BTW.

The proposal and eventual wiki pages should clarify that different
tags are normally used for features and properties: see the wiki page
"One feature, One OSM Element"

Joseph Eisenberg