[Tagging] Was public_transport=platform intended to always be combined with highway=bus_stop?

yo paseopor yopaseopor at gmail.com
Sun Aug 4 11:46:55 UTC 2019

On Sat, Aug 3, 2019 at 9:24 PM Markus <selfishseahorse at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> On Sat, 3 Aug 2019 at 20:38, yo paseopor <yopaseopor at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > We need a new way of following the scheme. I think all the features are
> needed: stop positions, platforms and stop area. [...]
>
> Could you please give me an example where stop positions are needed?

Trains stops in a specific point. Here in Spain they have some sign that
says=Cabeza de tren (Head's line) . It is important because when you do a
map that can be used by the public transport user, but also the
public_transport driver you should have the two positions. OSM data can be
infinite and can be professional. Also you have people saying in this
thread for manage in a semiautomatic way the transport lines data is
necessary these thow kind of points

> In my experience, mapping stop positions and stop areas is only very
> time-consuming (without a benefit), but also makes maintaining the
> routes harder. (Of course, stop areas are helpful at stations,
> especially at subway stations, in order connect the entrances to the
> station.)
>
> > We should deprecate all kind of stuff for public transport who does not
> not have the public transport tag itself. Because a platform has no sense
> if is not for public_transport. No more highway=platform, railway=platform,
> seaway=platform, river=platform.
>
> Apart from the fact that seaway=platform and river=platform don't
> exist,

Sure? Is not there public_transport by sea, by river, by lake? Will be not
ever?
Public transport scheme is a good scheme for present but also for the
future. When you will have Uber flying cabs which scheme will you will have
we invent in a few years? With this proposal only one: flying_cab=yes

> highway=platform and/or railway=platform are needed, because
> public_transport=platform doesn't mean a platform, but a waiting area.
> And a waiting areas doesn't need to be a platform: some waiting areas
> are just poles or signs beside the road [1], others are located on the
> sidewalk [2]. Besides, there are platforms that aren't operated
> (anymore) and therefore aren't waiting areas, that is
> public_transport=platform's, anymore.

Well this is an error. For mi public_transport=platform should be a real
platform. It has no sense to have an irreal tag.
In the stop_position tag you can assure this with platform=yes or
platform=no.

> [1]: https://www.mapillary.com/map/im/WzQODhqrCxxBLTYj2YJ-8g
> [2]: https://www.mapillary.com/map/im/9HJR2HmtsEPsPVDV682kZQ
>
> Regards
>
> Markus

Salut i transport públic (health and public transport)
yopaseopor