[Tagging] Tagging of bullrings

Jmapb jmapb at gmx.com
Mon Aug 5 03:25:54 UTC 2019

On 8/4/2019 7:09 PM, dcapillae wrote
> I have asked the OSM community in Spain and it seems that some mapper prefer
> "building=bullring" instead of "building=stadium". I think the right tag is
> "building=stadium" because we use this tag for stadiums, no matter what type
> of stadium they are, and a bullring is a stadium. However, I guess there's
> not much difference.

The question as I see it is: When you look at the building in question,
do you think "this building looks like a bullring" or do you think "this
building looks like a stadium, and bullfighting is the primary sport here"?

I don't know if there's a distinct style of traditional bullring
architecture, but if there is, then building=bullring makes sense for
those. (And in fact such buildings might still be tagged
building=bullring even if bullfighting no longer happens there.)

Furthermore, if a more generic-looking stadium were built that was not
in the distinctive bullring style, but was still primary used for
bullfights, then building=stadium might be a better choice for that one.