[Tagging] Merging tagging scheme on wiki pages of Hiking, route=hiking, route=foot and Walking routes

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 12:58:15 UTC 2019

On 15/08/2019 10:56, Peter Elderson wrote:
> ... So the lowest level always contains only ways, the higher level contains only relations.

Please don't make things more complicated than they need to be. Most
hiking routes are just a single relation and are best left that way.

> The ways in the main relation should form one continuous sorted (sortable) route,

No.  Don't assume that route ways are sorted in OSM as they usually aren't.

> which data users can extract or link to for navigation or planner software.

Pretty much irrelevant.  As long as the data's there, software can
figure it out.

> Note that rendering routes is not that critical,

This depends entirely on the use case.  As an example, it is for me.

Best Regards,

Andy