[Tagging] Keys to which new values can be added without a proposal: craft=, shop=, building=, office=, sport=?

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 13:41:44 UTC 2019

On Thu, 15 Aug 2019 at 14:28, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I can't believe I didn't notice the misspelling. Well, that is a major
> problem with this value.

Not so much if one uses editor presets.  The fact that so few know what it
means is a bigger
problem, but potentially soluble via editor search functions.  Even so, if
you type "artist" into
search and one of the returns is "atelier" would you use it?  Probably not
unless you already
knew what it meant.

How about "craft=artist" then? The tag "craft=atelier" was described
> as for any type of artist: "workshop of a ...professional artist in
> the fine or decorative arts"

Because a sculptor is an artist.  There are many types of art.  If it had
been suggested
before we already had craft=sculptor and the like then OK, because we could
have
subtagged with art=*.  Maybe we should do that and deprecate the craft=*
values that are types of artist.

--
Paul