[Tagging] Keys to which new values can be added without a proposal: craft=, shop=, building=, office=, sport=?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 23:18:59 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

On 15. Aug 2019, at 20:38, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> will have much more extensive storage requirements than painters do (e.g. scaffolding or concrete workers/formwork).
>
> A dedicated storage area is not a shop, or an office, or a workshop.

true, but the typical situation goes like this: craft business residing on a site, there’s a building and often outdoor space (depends on context) which contains (fractions depend on the profession and specialization) the workshop, storage areas (for the workshop: raw material, finished/intermediate products, waste, tools; vehicles) and a room for office work (plus toilets etc.). Mapping this (only) as office would be a misrepresentation of the situation. Wouldn’t we want to distinguish sites where craft work is done from administrative work places? Currently it isn’t explicit and can only be guessed.

Cheers Martin