[Tagging] Bicycle kitchens, community centres that offer bicycle repairs etc

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 22:49:00 UTC 2019

There haven’t been more replies here, but the discussion didn’t seem conclusive either. Is everyone fine with the established tagging  shop=bicycle and several subtags for the details?

IMHO the mentioned subtags are fine, but I believe we should have a dedicated main tag, these really aren’t bicycle shops, or at least so different that it seems confusing to tag them like this.

The established term in English is probably bicycle kitchen (as of the title of this thread), so it seems a no-brainer to tag

amenity=bicycle_kitchen

the established subtags would be kept, but shop=bicycle would be removed.

Would this have your support?

Cheers Martin