[Tagging] Merging tagging scheme on wiki pages of Hiking, route=hiking, route=foot and Walking routes

Jmapb jmapb at gmx.com
Fri Aug 16 20:18:38 UTC 2019

On 8/16/2019 2:40 PM, s8evq wrote:
> The table with the tagging scheme for the hiking/foot routes is getting there: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tagging_scheme_hiking_walking Just a few more small things that need to be decided on.

Hi s8evq, nice progress! Just gonna prattle about colour some more...

  - I like the way you phrased "the major colour" of the route symbol;
it will give some guidance on how to tag a route marked by, for example,
the European-style white/yellow/white blaze pictured on the current
Walking Routes page. I've definitely seen trail routes tagged with
multiple colours but that's probably less helpful than just using
"yellow" for the colour in cases like this. (Of course there's also the
"symbol" key for a textual description, and the "osmc:symbol" syntax is
capable of describing a yellow bar on a white background and many other
variations.)

  - Speaking of "yellow", the table specifies that colour should be a
hex triplet, but wiki page for the colour key indicates that named HTML
colours are also acceptable values. And I know many trails are tagged
this way. So probably the new scheme should allow these too?

Jason