[Tagging] Roles of route members (was: Merging tagging scheme on wiki pages of Hiking, ...)

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 06:28:44 UTC 2019

I know how to fix these issues.  The point is, as it is it's not good
enough for data use besides rendering. you can't rely on route relations
for anything but rendering, and you can't fix that with software. It's not
a tagging issue, though.

Gpx gaps in some software do show up as straight lines. If it's just a
missing piece and the rest is in order, no problem. In the case of the E2
in Yorkshire, lots of straight lines. Feed that to a navigation device and
it will have you start in Muston, take you around and across the entire
region multiple times, and end up near Barnetby Ie Wold. You wil actually
have followed the E2 as well, I'll give you that!

Fr gr Peter Elderson