[Tagging] Livestock=* to specify the livestock animals in a farmyard or meadow?

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 11:19:30 UTC 2019

On Mon, 19 Aug 2019 at 11:21, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com>
wrote:

>  Landuse=meadow can be tagged with meadow=pasture or
> =paddock, but again this does not specify the type of animal in the
> pasture.

There are two problems with that statement.

1) In normal usage, a pasture is not a category of meadow.  Pasture has
animals
grazing directly upon it.  Meadows are where the grass is mown for hay to
later be fed
to animals.  But this error in terminology is probably too embedded to fix.

2) According to the wiki, paddock is definitely not a category of meadow.
See
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Riding  which explicitly states that a
paddock is not a grazing area (but it also admits that in some parts of the
world usage goes against that statement).   I haven't found anything in the
wiki to
suggest that meadow=paddock is documented.

--
Paul