[Tagging] [OSM-talk] Document personal tags in Proposed_features/ space, User: space, or Tag:/Key: space?

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 23:07:16 UTC 2019

On 25/08/2019 23:18, Joseph Eisenberg wrote:
> What should we do with a page like Tag:landcover=dunes? I already
> tried adding a mention that natural=dune was more common and mentioned
> on the Talk page that "dune" is a landform, not a landcover, but this
> was reverted.

I'd be tempted to set a redirect to the key that people actually do use
for mapping that feature.  That's what seems to have happened wih
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Landcover%3Dhedge&action=history
.

In this case, with literally 0 uses of the tag that this page allegedly
documents, it seems like the best option.

Best Regards,

Andy