[Tagging] Document personal tags in Proposed_features/ space, User: space, or Tag:/Key: space?

marc marc marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 25 23:54:31 UTC 2019

Le 26.08.19 à 00:18, Joseph Eisenberg a écrit :
> What should we do with a page like Tag:landcover=dunes? I already
> tried adding a mention that natural=dune was more common and mentioned
> on the Talk page that "dune" is a landform, not a landcover

the first sentence on the wiki is enought to fully describe
the mess in your argument.
"the dune landform (natural=dune) and for areas of sand (natural=sand)"
so a landform and a landcover in the same key. exactly the same problem
you're criticizing. so no, landcover is probably no worse than landuse.
natural=* description try to explain that the common "meaning" for is
value is "natural physical land features, including ones that have
been modified by humans"
but that also "need" to be used to "full artificial" (ex a full
artificial water pond).
don't be surprised that some people are not satisfied with this kind
of key whose category changes according to the value.