[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - protection_class=* (Words, not numeric codes)

François Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 21:48:19 UTC 2019

Le mer. 28 août 2019 à 19:09, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> a écrit :

> But IP ratings are regarded as environmental protection ratings.  So that
> has the same problem.
> "Environmental protection" can mean "protecting the environment" or
> "protecting things from the
> environment."

Seems legit
This will need further thinking, maybe someone else will get the proper key
name

> Nope, Ingress Protection.  It's an international standard, though.

Thats a detail, official document stands for International Protection
https://texa-co.ir/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/IEC-60529.pdf (see §4 page 18)

If we can avoid confusion, we should.  I'm not sure that this does.

It requires at least a strong context to not be confused with any other
protection classification system.

Let's see if Kevin wishes to take care of this

All the best

François