[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - hiking_trail_relation_roles

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 21:53:22 UTC 2019

Ok I forgot. So signed_direction=yes means signed in the direction of the
sequence of ways in the relation. signed_direction=no would be the default
for hikes, then?

And oneway=yes on a hiking route means it's really one way (direction is
given by the order way sequence) and you are not allowed to use it in the
other direction.
Again, oneway=no would be the default for pedestran routes.

I would like to add thee values and defaults to the wiki, because now it
only states the key. Does it hold true for other recreational routes, such
as cycling, horse routes, skiing, paddling, mtb? Can these be assumes to be
accessible and signed in both directions if no oneway tag and no
signed_direction tag are present?

Fr gr Peter Elderson