[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - park_drive

Martin Scholtes mail at martin-scholtes.de
Sun Dec 8 23:12:45 UTC 2019

Am 08.12.2019 um 05:04 schrieb Alessandro Sarretta:

> Hi Martin,
>
> my doubt on your proposal is that I think the only useful value would
> be "designated" (anyway, can you share any example/picture of a sign
> describing a park specificly designated for carpooling?). But in this
> case I'd support

you can have a look at a sign for such a parking lot which is explicitly
built and maintained for carpooling under the following link:
https://mitfahren.rlp.de/fileadmin/_processed_/2/3/csm_Mitfahrerparkplatz_LBM_3_2_b8add83c7b.jpg

> As far as I know, in a general-use parking (without specific access
> conditions) anyone can park, meet with a friend, and then continue the
> journey with only one car... What is the purpose to explicitly add
> this information?

Parking spaces that have been explicitly created for car pools are built
and maintained by the state. Furthermore, this type of car park does not
exist everywhere, mostly only at points where many commuters meet. It
makes the search easier. Because at the moment such objects can only be
found by a possible name, for example "Mitfahrerparkplatz".

Martin