[Tagging] Roundtrip and closed loop in relations

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 00:36:55 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 20. Dec 2019, at 01:16, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Oxford Dictionary (usually taken as a good source for UK English): a journey to a place and back again

it’s in the “back again”, makes it likely you take the same way. The word “Rundweg” which apparently was the concept that should have been defined (IIRC our former discussions about this topic) would not correctly be translated as roundtrip, despite the similar wording. Closed loop would have my support (although I also agree that it should generally be in the geometry of the route, personally I would not bother adding a special property for it, also because I am less interested in official start and end points or “checkpoints” in the middle)

Cheers Martin