[Tagging] Trail register

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 22:20:16 UTC 2019

On 05/01/19 08:22, Jmapb wrote:
> On 1/4/2019 4:10 PM, Kevin Kenny wrote:
>
>> My Overpass-fu is failing me here. The only similar thing I'm turning
>> up is summit=register, which is the "record your visit" case, rather
>> than "you must sign in and out here," and is specific to a mountain
>> peak. There are a few dozen "tourism=register" nodes in Austria, but I
>> don't actually understand what they represent - a quick look at
>> Overpass Turbo shows them as being adjacent to caves and peaks, so I
>> suspect they're also "record your visit and read the remarks of
>> others" books.
>>
>> Has anyone here tagged anything similar to the case I have in mind of,
>> do it?"
>
> Personally I'd be inclined to ignore the legal thou-shalt-sign-in
> aspects here and simply tag the register because it's a good landmark.
> Probably just "man_made=trail_register", keep it simple and unambiguous.

I have one near me.
Some are more of a 'route register' - you state your intended route as
there are several choices, if not here then later. Probably best to
include this in any definition.

The ones in Austria sound more like a 'visitor' or 'accomplishment'
register.
Probably best to separate these as "man_made=visitor_register"?