[Tagging] Creating shop=caravan

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 23:42:08 UTC 2019

On 14/01/19 09:07, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:
> Wow, so much for me naively thinking that caravan was a universal
> word! Should know better by now :-)
>
> On Sun, 13 Jan 2019 at 21:58, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com
> <mailto:pla16021 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     However, there does appear to be a better term.  From
>     https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorhome
>     (the bold emphasis is mine):
>
>     Motorhomes are part of the much larger associated group of *mobile
>     homes* which includes
>     caravans, also known as tourers, and static caravans.
>
>     So mobile_home appears to cover it.
>

> Not really, sorry
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_home: "A *mobile home* (also
> *trailer*, *trailer home*, *house trailer*, *static caravan*,
> *residential caravan*) is a prefabricated
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prefabrication>structure, built in a
> factory on a permanently attached chassis before being transported to
> site (either by being towed or on a trailer). Used as permanent homes
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home>, or for holiday or temporary
> accommodation, they are left often permanently or semi-permanently in
> one place"

It would cover those things that slide in and out of utility vehicles
and act as accommodation.

I think the 'mobile home' is an acceptable term to cover the lot. Why is
it unacceptable?
The emphasise on 'permanent' I think is wrong, but there is enough
vagueness to accept that 'mobile' means mobile.