[Tagging] Creating shop=caravan

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 21:06:48 UTC 2019

On Mon, 14 Jan 2019 at 19:46, Dave Swarthout <daveswarthout at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Americans would call them travel trailers, or camper trailers, and I would
> also categorize fifth-wheel campers as trailers, despite their sometimes
> enormous size, because they are pulled by a separate vehicle.

Yep, agree with you

To continue exploring that suggestion, we could create a new top-level tag,
> say shop=recreational_vehicle, or shop=rv, further characterize it using
> sells=trailed;self_propelled or some similar term, and then go on to flesh
> out the details using other sub-tags as previously suggested.
> Recreation_vehicle covers all the bases, is newer a term than caravan so
> perhaps less "loaded" with historical baggage, and would work best for the
> country within which the lion's share of such vehicles are bought and sold.

Been thinking about exactly that overnight!

So, change this main page to shop=rv, with type=powered / towed; sells;
parts; rental etc etc; & also "See also" of 4WD / SUV see shop=car; quad
bikes see shop=motorbike etc

3 (?) other pages: shop=motorhome; shop=caravan; shop=travel_trailer (just
for those people who don't speak "English English"! :-)), with no details
except "See shop=rv"

Would that cover all the bases?

Thanks

Graeme