[Tagging] Trailhead tagging

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 18:05:43 UTC 2019

On 1/16/19 5:56 PM, EthnicFood IsGreat wrote:
> A lot of the trailheads I've mapped contain none of the identifiers
> you mentioned in the first paragraph (shelter, pole, special design,
> flag, etc.), all they have is a designated parking lot for your
> vehicle.  I would like your wiki page better if you included a
> designated parking area in the list of possible identifiers.

I'd agree with that.

Currently the wiki page is describing something that doesn't really
correspond to the word "trailhead" in English.  There are plenty of
other examples of that sort of thing in OSM ("city" is an obvious one);
but I'd suggest trying to avoid creating more to avoid future confusion.

To be clear - as I've said before, and based on my experience of them,
I'm sure that the sites in NL that are driving this are _really
important_ and _really worth mapping_ but I don't think that they are
trailheads, in a similar way to Chesterfield's TPT notice board outside
the station isn't (as also mentioned previously).

Best Regards,

Andy