[Tagging] The actual use of the level tag

Tobias Zwick osm at westnordost.de
Mon Jan 21 19:24:14 UTC 2019

On 21/01/2019 09:19, PanierAvide wrote:
> Just for your information, there is also this "level:ref" tag which was
> used in various context to solve this problem

I know of "level:ref". However, on the SIT wiki page, "level:ref" is
documented as a tag for the level-outline tagged with "indoor=level",
not as an alternative to "level" on each individual shop.

So, it is possible to make the connection between the index and the
level denomination, but it is not exactly straightforward. I just wrote
a longer description (of the problem) on another branch:
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2019-January/042369.html

Regards
Tobias