[Tagging] Forest parcel with other landcover (scrub, scree…): how to map?

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 02:07:50 UTC 2019

On 24/01/19 12:50, Joseph Eisenberg wrote:
> “an isolated "village" with only a few hundred people in it, but which
> is the main centre for this area will be a town, & maybe even a city?”
>
> It’s not possible to have “town” level services with less than 1000
> people. A town has a major market (retail area) serving the
> surrounding area, as well as basic educational, cultural and
> government facilities.

In your area of the world I agree. You have a 'good' population density.
In some places the nearest neighbour can be 400 km away. The population
'centre' may have much less than 1,000 people in the local residential
area .. but may service 1,000s of square kilometres.
Necessity makes this population centre very important for the few people
living in that area.