[Tagging] weight limit in short tons

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 04:11:30 UTC 2019

I have edited the units page to include the long ton.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Map_Features/Units

And edited the weight page to exclude the unit from the definition.
And also mention the tonne (BE!).

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:maxweight

It makes a few barleycorns of difference.

(Barleycorns were used as a unit of weight ... and length just to confuse).

I too recall the hundredweight from my youth, but I don't recall the relationships.

For those interested in old units, from wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_obsolete_units_of_measurement#Mass_or_weight