[Tagging] Maxweight wiki page changes

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Sat Jul 6 09:46:33 UTC 2019

On 2019-07-06 10:48, Warin wrote:

> On 06/07/19 18:16, Colin Smale wrote:
>
> On 2019-07-06 05:03, Warin wrote:
> On 05/07/19 19:33, Mateusz Konieczny wrote:
> 3 Jul 2019, 12:52 by osm at westnordost.de:
> 1.1 At the examples: for max empty weight, I propose the key maxemptyweight. It suggests itself.
> Added, with link back to this post

Here that would be called "maximum Tare weight". In the UK?

Probably "maximum unladen weight." "Tare" does exist as a word, and is
frequently used in logistics (empty weight of containers etc) but AFAIK
not in the context of traffic regulations.
Possibly not where you are.. but

"registrable light motor vehicle means a motor vehicle that is
registrable and has a tare mass that is not greater than 2,794
kilograms."

>From
https://www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/#/view/regulation/2017/451/full

And also in other traffic legislation in Australia...

In the UK?

"(h)the manner in which the tare weight of road vehicles, or of road
vehicles of any particular class or description is to be determined. "
from https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1985/72

That is not a traffic regulation, that's about metrology. And by the
way, I am speaking as a Brit, so native speaker and somewhat conversant
with the laws and legal system. As I said, the word "tare" does exist,
and is used in certain specific contexts. But in connection with road
vehicles, everybody in the UK speaks of Unladen Weight.

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-weights-explained