[Tagging] track smoothness/quality

brad bradhaack at fastmail.com
Mon Jul 8 01:22:28 UTC 2019

Do we have close to a consensus that tracktype is not globally useful?
The Key:highway wiki page and map_features could be changed from
"To describe the quality of a track, see tracktype
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:tracktype>=*.:
"To describe the quality of a track, use smoothness=* and surface=*.
In some regions tracktype is also useful."