[Tagging] JOSM's "suspicious" path data warnings

Márton Keleti tejes at hac.hu
Mon Jul 8 07:51:14 UTC 2019

I consider using highway=path on urban shared cycle/footways a very bad an
confusing practice. A path is an unpaved, one man width little way in a
forest or a green area. This is not a by default paved cycleway nor a
footway.
I prefer using cycleway for these shared ways, because that is the highest
in hierarchy. Path is the lowest, and when looking on a map, seeing a path,
I don't think that it could be a well lit and paved cycleway. Many primary
roads can be accessed via bicycle and foot too, but still we don't map it
as a path, with motor_vehicle=designated, etc.
I think these paths are polluting urban maps and misinforming map users.

Regards,
Márton

Mateusz Konieczny <matkoniecz at tutanota.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2019. júl.
7., V 0:10):