[Tagging] [Indoor] is indoor=level walled ?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 12:30:56 UTC 2019

Am Fr., 26. Juli 2019 um 13:58 Uhr schrieb PanierAvide <
panieravide at riseup.net>:

> Thanks for this feedback. In these examples, I would say that there is
> still a clear delimitation of what outside and what is inside, so can be
> addressed with Simple 3D buildings modelling. My question is oriented in a
> particular case where you don't have a very precise delimitation of
> inside/outside, like this parking lot :
>
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Parking_Building_(41640900211).jpg
>
> As level 0 doesn't have wall, if you are near the building "limit" you can
> consider being outside, but at the center of this level you are clearly
> inside (covered, maybe warmer). So how can we represent this lack of walls,
> but looking more like something inside ?

frankly I would not consider this parking on any level visible in the
picture as "indoor". An indoor parking would be something like this:
https://www.parkrideflyusa.com/facility-photos/33/indoor-parking.jpg
Parking spaces are generally edge cases because of the ventilation
requirements, but in the picture you showed there is hardly anything that
can be considered "walls", I would call them "fences" or maybe "grates".

Cheers,
Martin