[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Tag:tourism=camp_pitch

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 10:06:23 UTC 2019

On 10/06/19 13:48, Joseph Eisenberg wrote:

>     How do you handle sites that accept both caravans and tents on
>     different pitches?
>

> I believe you may be thinking about how to choose between
> tourism=camp_site vs tourism=caravan_site for a dual-use campground or
> campsite. I would use camp_site if it is mostly used for tent camping
> and caravan_site if it is mostly used for RVs/caravans.

The OSMwiki says tourism=caravan_site is not for sites that accept tents
at all.
The OSMwiki says tourism=camp_site can be used for sites that accept
caravans and/or tents.

Joseph is correct in that some sites allow either a caravan or a tent to
occupy a certain area. So the question remains

How do you handle sites that accept both caravans and tents on different
pitches?

And I will add

How do you handle sites that accept both caravans and tents on the same
pitch?