[Tagging] Landuse=farmyard vs residential

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Fri Jun 14 02:03:27 UTC 2019

> On Jun 13, 2019, at 4:22 PM, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Conversion of farm buildings to residential buildings is not only possible, it's frequent in
> some parts of the world.

Very true, but even a house or cottage inside a working farmyard would still be on a landuse mapped as a farmyard. The building may no longer be =shed or farm_auxiliary, but unless the activity of the farm ceases (and becomes merely a residential living area or a commercial resort), I think it would still be on a landuse=farmyard.

Not many people want to stay in the mud and bamboo walled house with a collapsed roof and broken windows next to the garbage burn pile here in Japan. The tiny private farmyards I am mapping have their charms, but they are not picture postcard material.