[Tagging] lanes = 0

Tobias Zwick osm at westnordost.de
Fri Jun 14 11:04:26 UTC 2019

Ok so to recap. All fairly weak reasons (except 2) here, but let's find the best tag:

1. Allroads did not favour nolanes=yes because it is a double negative

2. lanes=no is not so good because there are people who estimate the lanes value if no markings are present (see ael's message). Adding "no" as a possible value that is to be applied when no visual markings are present would make a portion of the currently tagged lanes-tags wrong and thus would be a redefinition of the lanes key.

3. lane_marking=no has of the proposed tags the least semantic similarity to the lanes tag but on the other hand is used a few times already and is safe for the "_" instead of the ":" what Warin suggested

4. lanes:mark...=no would maybe imply that lanes=X must be tagged as well?