[Tagging] Designated spots for dogs to wait

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Tue Jun 18 13:23:04 UTC 2019

Javbw

> On Jun 18, 2019, at 7:37 PM, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> You have not seen large dogs then. A relatives dog would pull my arm off running up hill .. and it was not large...

I'll have to snap a pic of one of the common pet anchor points I have seen (one company makes all of them around here) tomorrow.

I have dealt with large dogs. A dog would have a tough time yanking a hook (properly) anchored into the wall with screws or bolted to a pole, whereas a horse could bend the same hook open or rip it off the wall with the jerk of his head. They are not meant to handle that much force.

Thinking of cats and other anamals that would use a leash, I think pet_hitching_point covers the expected usage and separates it from riding animals. These are impractical  to anchor a horse, beyond their lack of strength - a horse would be standing in the smoking area in front of the store and could kick a car or a glass display window if he used one of these pet points. These points simply do different jobs. You can't fit a car in a bicycle parking rack either.

Although I wouldn't leave him in front of a convenience store, I have had a cat on a leash before - he wanted to follow us on a walk, and I didn't want him getting spooked and run over.

Javbw.