[Tagging] Designated spots for dogs to wait

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 14:14:51 UTC 2019

On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 at 01:50, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 18/06/19 08:50, Paul Allen wrote:
>
> hitching_point=dog|cat|horse|yes if you really feel a need to specify what
> can or cannot be hitched
> there.

That was silly of me.  It would be better to have
hitching_point=post|rail|loop|hook|yes.   And
use hitching_point:for=dog|cat|horse with semicolon multiple values
permitted.

People can add sub tags for the kind of animal, the construction, material,
> capacity and any other detail if they wish.

hitching_point:capacity, hitching_point:material etc can be added later if
really required.

Are there any objections to man_made=hitching_point? I think it will be a
> little used item.

You're probably right there.  Not much call for it.  And unlikely to be
rendered until we get vector
carto, and maybe not even then.  But, analogously to Internet Rule 34 (if
it exists, there is porn
of it, no exceptions): if it exists, somebody will want to map it.  So
let's standardize on a tag: to
reduce the number of people creating ad hoc tags for it and to avoid
somebody inventing a silly
tag like landuse=dog_corral or tourism=dog_loop.

--
Paul