[Tagging] Tagging sockets

Michael Brandtner brandtner_michael at yahoo.de
Tue Jun 25 10:02:07 UTC 2019

I'd like to separate the discussions about amenity=power_supply (my proposal) and the enhancement/merging of the socket: and power_supply key.

On topic: I think it is important that information can be added by looking at the device. This means that in my opinion socket:cee_blue= and socket:cee_red= should be valid tags. The amperes, if known, could be added with socket:[type]:current= like suggested in the wiki.

   Am Dienstag, 25. Juni 2019, 11:36:16 MESZ hat John Sturdy <jcg.sturdy at gmail.com> Folgendes geschrieben:

 For the "socket" key: I suggest putting the current rating onto the cee_blue sockets (cee_blue_16a, cee_blue_32a, etc) rather than limiting it to one rating; this will also make it consistent with the cee_red_* sockets.
Also, BS1363 (UK, Ireland, and quite a few other countries --- see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_power_plugs_and_sockets:_British_and_related_types#International_usage_of_Type_G) is missing.
__John