[Tagging] Tagging Digest, Vol 117, Issue 90, topic 1 & 4: Ban of Ulamm by Woodpeck

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Tue Jun 25 17:57:43 UTC 2019

25 Jun 2019, 18:34 by ulamm.brem at t-online.de:

> We must not publish scans of historical maps as our own work, that could violate copyright.
> But if we use the informations shown in historical maps for free hand drawings, we do not violate the copyright for maps.

[citation needed]

I am pretty sure that rewriting, redrawing, tracing and making other derivative works is not cancelling
 copyright on the original work.

See https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Derivative_works <https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Derivative_works> for exploration about
this topic in a bit different context, but nearly everything should be applicable and is describing
situation well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derivative_work <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derivative_work> is also relatively readable