[Tagging] Approved - Tag:tourism=camp_pitch

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 22:15:02 UTC 2019

On Mon, 1 Jul 2019 at 02:25, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
wrote:

> surface=concrete;grass ?
>

> this doesn’t look very helpful to me for the situation that was given
> above, I would expect the mapper estimating the concrete surface and map it
> explicitly but not to put a surface tag on the whole plot object, because
> these are clearly 2 different, distinct surfaces.

I agree that the mixed tag doesn't really describe the situation.

Going back to https://images.app.goo.gl/2qBV3P3R2wc7wmV27

Slabs are (at least in my experience in Australia) a standard size of 4m
long x 2.2m wide, to allow a normal size caravan awning to cover them.

If we were to map them as a separate object on the ground, what would we
call them? Have had a play, & about the best I can come up with is
area:highway=pedestrian + surface=concrete, which doesn't really cut it? I
emphasize - you do not park your caravan on the slab, you park on the grass
beside it, then have your table & chairs etc on the slab, so the slab is
not a parking space.

As I put it earlier, a simple slab=yes/no would be fully self-explanatory
to anybody planning on stopping at this park.

Thanks

Graeme