[Tagging] Clarification unclassified vs residential

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Fri Mar 1 19:48:38 UTC 2019

On Wed, Feb 27, 2019, 13:57 Mateusz Konieczny <matkoniecz at tutanota.com>
wrote:

> Feb 27, 2019, 7:31 PM by baloo at ursamundi.org:
>
> motor_vehicle=no would exclude most emergency vehicles.
>
> No, it would not. motor_vehicle=no is a legal limitation.

And most emergency vehicles are motor vehicles.

And if anything, presence of legal motor_vehicle=no may hint
> that motor vehicles would be able to pass it, so it was made illegal

Not necessarily, no.

So I would consider motor_vehicle=no as making it more, not less
> likely that road is passable.

Bad assumption to make.

To exclude emergency vehicles one should tag physical, not legal
> barriers.

To include motorized emergency vehicles where access=no or
motor_vehicle=no, you need to add emergency=yes.