[Tagging] Clarification unclassified vs residential

Jarek PiĆ³rkowski jarek at piorkowski.ca
Fri Mar 1 20:33:19 UTC 2019

On Fri, 1 Mar 2019 at 15:25, Paul Johnson <baloo at ursamundi.org> wrote:
>> To exclude emergency vehicles one should tag physical, not legal
>> barriers.
>
> To include motorized emergency vehicles where access=no or motor_vehicle=no, you need to add emergency=yes.

Because if we don't, the fire truck stops, the firefighters grab their
bikes, and pedal on to the fire in city centre?

Shall we also tag oneway:emergency=no on motorways to indicate that
the motorway might be shut down and the emergency responders might use
the other carriageway to access site of a major crash?

Or how about maxspeed:emergency=none?

In some jurisdictions, emergency vehicles responding to an emergency
are not subject to legal limitations.

--Jarek