[Tagging] leisure=common replacement for public areas with some trees

Sergio Manzi smz at smz.it
Tue Mar 5 12:00:22 UTC 2019

On 2019-03-05 12:48, Marián Kyral wrote:

> ---------- Původní e-mail ----------
> Od: Mateusz Konieczny <matkoniecz at tutanota.com>
> Komu: Tag discussion, strategy and related tools <tagging at openstreetmap.org>
> Datum: 5. 3. 2019 12:35:28
> Předmět: Re: [Tagging] leisure=common replacement for public areas with some trees
>

>     Mar 5, 2019, 11:48 AM by smz at smz.it:
>
>         Hi!
>
>         On 2019-03-05 11:13, Mateusz Konieczny wrote:
>

>             Mar 5, 2019, 9:00 AM by mkyral at email.cz <mailto:mkyral at email.cz>:
>
>                 Typically a small areas in the city between apartment buildings. These areas are not official parks, gardens or grass. It is just a green accessible for everoyne. So we can say it is a *public* or *common* green.
>
>             So far I usually tagged such places as follows:
>
>             Made sure that it is within landuse=residential (as it is a residential area)
>             Mapped physical features (leisure=playground, natural=tree, landuse=grass, highway=footway etc)
>
>         Is it land*use*=grass or land*cover*=grass? I tend to agree with Alessandro Sarretta who uses landcover...
>
>     landcover=grass also would be fine in this case, but meaning of this tags is the same and
>     landuse=grass is more popular
>

> landcover=grass - still not rendered: https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/402959582

Thanks for hinting about landcover=grass not being rendered (/I guess we should open a Github issue for that if one doesn't exist already.../).

> landuse=grass -  means that there will be landuse (grass) on landuse (residental). Is this OK? I'm not sure If I want to create a lots of multipolygons because of this.

As I already mentioned in a different context, I think the correct technique would be to be to just draw one multipolygon (/the "main" one, probably tagged with landuse=residential in this case/), and then create a new relation, containing just the "main" multipolygon, and tag that relation with the secondary landuse.