[Tagging] "satellit"

Jean-Marc Liotier jm at liotier.org
Wed Mar 6 07:46:41 UTC 2019

On 3/6/19 3:31 AM, Sergio Manzi wrote:
> My friend, there are 88 persons who have mapped 520 antennas
> (https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/antenna).
>
> Compare it to the billions of antennas out there and I think we are
> far below the "/noise level/" and that all energy "invested" in trying
> to regulate this is... lost energy.
>
> The only antennas I would personally map and tag are those who are
> enough conspicuous to represent landmarks

We are currently at 7252 for man_made=antenna alone
(https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/man_made=antenna) and then there
are all the strange things such as (man_made=mast +
tower:type=communication) which may or may not record a mast with antennas.

But yes, my goal is landmarks such as conspicuous parabolas, not my
neighbour's pet yagi.