[Tagging] Feature proposal - RFC - Line attachments

François Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 09:43:47 UTC 2019

Hi all

Le ven. 8 mars 2019 à 01:40, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Let the mappers vote on if it should be in OSM by using or not using it.
> Here we should be getting the best tags, not thinking 'this is not
> something for OSM' as that is one persons view.

Since it's visible and verifiable there is no point to ask if it should be
in OSM or not: yes, definetly, so does bolts and nuts.
Let users use tags or not is necessary but not enough to get "the best"
tags in a way of consistency, comprhensiveness and relevancy.
We do have issues currently with different fields of knowledge defining
their own tags based on same theoretical concepts. They do not share
anything and the knowledge is finally lost since it's difficult to connect
features with environment or other objects.

That's why proposals are also a unique time to discuss how we can merge and
share concepts.

Le ven. 8 mars 2019 à 08:47, Mateusz Konieczny <matkoniecz at tutanota.com> a
écrit :

> What is section in "line_attachment=suspension;pin;suspension|suspension"?
>
> First one suspension;pin;suspension
> Second one suspension
>
> I would explicitly note "| separates sections" or "; separates sections"

Yes first and second.
i've updated the document with your suggestion, thanks

All the best

François