[Tagging] Multipolygon (several outers) forest with different leaf_types: mapping strategy?

David Marchal Penegal at live.fr
Wed Mar 13 13:59:36 UTC 2019

Hello, there.

I mapped a forest made of several pieces of woodland, some contiguous and some isolated, with differents leaf_types. I mapped this (https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/9393253) with a landuse=forest multipolygon, with common tags such as name and operator on the relation, and with leaf_type tags on the outer members, as each has a different value. It seemed a good way to model the fact that these woodlands were considered part of the same forest but had differents leaf_types, but I am unsure now: the JOSM validator claims that contiguous outer members is an error, and openstreetmap.org renders a misplaced name and no leaf_type. Is it a modelling failure or a renderer and validator error? In the first case, how should I map this?

Awaiting your answers,

Regards.